Companies face challenges in ensuring that the testing is done in an optimized manner. For the most testing implementations, the usual way to do becomes the norm whereas there are better ways to optimize the testing planning/ execution (Manual or Automated)/ reporting. In addition the high investment costs associated with tool/ custom solution procurement and the difficulty in selecting the right accelerator solution.
DTSC’s QA&T Accelerators aid our clients to overcome these challenges, and improve the quality and speed of their functional/ regression or performance testing. The innovative way to test with the open-source framework provided by the solution enables early automation, complete testing coverage which helps develop test scripts during the design and development phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC). In addition, the customized solution leverages existing automation tools and allows engagement of business users in test automation, while reducing the dependence on highly skilled testing personnel.
DTSC QA&T Accelerator enables Testing Requirement Traceability and Coverage, end-to-end test automation of applications spanning multiple technologies. It supports multiple test tools such as HP’s ALM and QTP, IBM Rational Functional Tester, Test Partner and Borland SilkTest, in addition to open-source tools such as Selenium and Appium. It allows frequent releases of applications by reducing the maintenance effort without compromising on the quality of testing.
Key features and benefits
- Early automation: On confirmation of test requirements, test automation can be conducted concurrently with preparation of manual test cases
- Faster time to market and increased ROI: Provides competitive advantage and enables routing of cost savings to other IT and business initiatives
- Pre-built function libraries: Reduces the cost of developing an automation test suite by up to 30%. They enable generation of automated scripts after documenting the logical flow of test cases
- Offline automation: Lowers investment in test tool licenses by limiting the need for multiple test tool licenses to the test execution phase. Licenses are required only during test execution and creation of the object repository for the application under test (AUT)
- Reusable business components: Enables higher reusability and reduced effort during maintenance. Automated test cases based on the design of the business processes result in higher reuse of scripts
- End-to-end automation framework: Scalable and extensible automation framework covering multiple application technology platforms and packages ensures lower investment cost and faster ROI as the framework is well defined, easy to use, robust and scalable
Automation methodology: Reduces development cost by enabling business users and manual testers to develop automated test scripts